Date of sisterhoodSeptember 11, 2005
- LocationJiangsu, China
- Size of the land4,650 ㎢
- Population5,700,000 people
- Administrative Authority2 satellite cities and 7 gu(Jyangin City, Yixing City, Chungan-gu, Nanchang District, Bay Thang District, Shishan District, Hoishan-gu, District, Binhu gu, Shin-gu)
- Major industriestextiles, machine-gunning, electronics, machinery, chemical industry, light industry
- The main specialtiesClay, ceramic, ribs, peach, etc.
- Major EventsTai Fair (held annually in September).
- Major exchanges
- 09/11/2005: Friendship Exchange Agreement
- 10/10/2005 - 10.13: visited during the Gyeongdeokjin Ceramic Exposition via Wuxi City (4 people)
- 05/18/2006 - 5.20: Shi Shaker international tourism festivals in China (3 people participated)
- Hynix Semiconductor , our city’s local business, opened a factory in Wuxi City (completed in September 2006) and pursued promotion of multi-faceted industrial / economic exchange relations honoring favorable exchange agreements.